At the end of November, my contract ends. I’ve been told by my customer that they are working to keep me on, but it doesn’t look promising. As one who never waits for someone else to take care of me, I’ve been proactive. In the past six weeks, I’ve been to nine interviews. Nine. For five different jobs. Yes, I know I’m blessed to even get any calls. But now I’m sitting on three offers.
Offer 1: Great company, full relocation, plus great benefits and a 25% increase. It’s a great job that I know I would love. But the kickers are that it would require moving to Colorado and there’s a significant amount of travel. Hubby could easily get a job there and the new company has offered to help him.
Offer 2: A marketing position at a school district. The amount of time off and work-life balance is better than any job I’ve ever had. Plus, I get to own a program and have full creative freedom with a project that helps kids. And the team is lovely. But the kicker is the 45% decrease in salary.
Offer 3: Up and coming Communications firm that would allow me to work on mainly aerospace accounts, letting me stay in the industry I’ve committed 17 years to so far. There would be no commute either. Still negotiating the salary, but it would be in my ballpark.
Therein lies my dilemma. I’ve worked hard to get to this point in my career. But I also have a beautiful little girl who is growing up so fast. All of the positions are with wonderful teams that appreciate family. They know I have a little one and have all said they are more than accommodating with family issues.
If anyone can give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I value all of your opinions. And Matt, if you are reading this, surprise! I’m looking for a new job because I want something permanent.