I like wine, there’s no mistake in that. However, I pretty much like anything that isn’t sweet. Except Ava. She’s pretty sweet and I love her, but I digress…
Sometimes I just need an alternative to wine. Take, for instance, when I’m eating Mexican food of any kind. I absolutely cannot find a wine that tastes remotely decent with Mexican food. As a result, I prefer Modelo Negro and frozen margaritas swirled with sangria and rimmed with salt. Sometimes at the same time. It just fits. After years of experimentation, trying out new tastes, drinks, foods, this is what works for me. One thing I’ve learned is if you find what works for you, stick with it.
That adage goes with pretty much everything, especially relationships. Through trial and error (more error than trial) I’ve come to know what works for me in that department. It’s taken forever to get here, but here I am. And here are a few things I’ve learned along the way:
- I’ve learned that I generally love people, just for different reasons.
- I’ve learned that not everyone loves me, and that’s OK. It’s OK because there are tons of other people in the world worth getting to know.
- I’ve learned that when you find a good friend, you make it work.
- I’ve learned that some people are just worth the effort.
- I’ve learned that my life feels slighted when I don’t get face time with certain friends.
- I’ve learned that even if you don’t click at first, try again.
- I’ve learned that when I’m upset, I will tell you.
- I’ve learned that I’m worth a lot more than I give myself credit for.
- I’ve learned that if you don’t like me, you are missing out on some good stuff.
- I’ve learned that if you don’t drink, it will take a while for me to understand what is wrong with you.
There’s more, but it’s late and I don’t want to bore you with my rambling. Just rest assured that if we are friends, it will be worth every minute. Love you all, good night!
PS. I promise to do a real Wino Wednesday after the big move this week. I’m pretty much drinking anything in front of me at this point.